Why is it so important to keep your feet warm in winter?
Do you know that the temperature of your feet says a lot about your health? Foot specialists say that warmer feet indicate better overall health while colder feet are often linked to a weak immune system and worsening of various chronic diseases.
You must be surprised, right? Well, that's something most people are generally not aware of. But don't worry.
MOUNTRAX will give you all the right reasons to keep your feet warm. So, keep reading!
The reason behind colder feet
People with chronically cold feet may have a medical problem at the core of their misery. According to foot specialists, a variety of illnesses can make people feel as though their feet are always cold. These may include the following:
- Cold feet can be due to lack of sufficient healthy red blood cells to transport oxygen throughout the body. It is popularly known as anemia.
- Diabetes-related circulation issues can lead to several health issues, including cold hands and feet.
- Cold hands and feet may also persist as a result of systemic lupus. When an individual has lupus, their blood vessels frequently shrink. Thus, this inadequately sized vasculature in the hands and feet causes the temperature to drop.
- Raynaud's disease is another condition that makes various parts of your body feel cold or numb. It usually occurs as a result of stress or cold weather.
How are colder feet dangerous?
Besides being uncomfortable, cold feet indicate health issues like poor circulation of blood, a weakened immune system, and poor mental condition.
Recent research has connected immune system issues with cold feet. It has been discovered that individuals with cold feet are more vulnerable to diseases and infections due to weak immunity.
According to a 2005 study, people were 30% more likely to have the flu if their feet were cold for at least 20 minutes. It is because the blood flow is decreased when the capillaries in the feet tighten due to the cold. As a result, the White Blood Cells are not delivered sufficiently and the body's ability to fight off diseases is compromised.
Additionally, colder feet are dangerous for diabetic patients. They are likely to encounter foot issues like cuts, blisters, bunions, etc. These frequently begin as minor issues but later turn into significant health disorders. Thus, diabetics must ensure daily care of their feet, to avoid major inconveniences.
How to keep your feet warm in winter?
Now that you’ve come across the potential dangers of cold feet, you must have realized the importance of warm feet. They are not only a sign of comfort but overall better health.
Warm feet mean that your blood vessels are open enough for adequate blood circulation. They'll help you sleep better during winter as well. It is because, if your feet are warm, you can quickly warm up your remaining body which is an ultimate comfort during cold weather.
Here are some essential health tips to keep your feet warm.
- Avoid having bare feet. It is always better to keep your feet covered in socks and shoes, especially in winter.
- Eat nutritious foods that keep your body warm up. Some common examples include bananas, ginger tea, coffee, oats, dry fruits, etc.
- Keep yourself moving to stay warm. As long as your feet are in motion they are likely to stay warm. So, it is better to go for a walk or run if your feet stay cold for a long.
- Use MOUNTRAX Foot Massager. This is the best and easiest solution possible.
MOUNTRAX Foot Massager Machine comes with a special "optional heat" feature. Besides the professional shiatsu massage, you can turn on the heat alone to give your feet a gentle sense of warmth. The heat is likely to accelerate your blood circulation in the feet and thus protect you against the hazards of cold.
This combined massage and heat therapy will make you feel like in heaven for sure. So, before winter arrives get your MOUNTRAX Foot Massager and say goodbye to colder feet forever! Shop now at MOUNTRAX Official Website or Amazon Flagship Store to relax and warm your feet!